By Mageth

sussex, United Kingdom Gb

Is this a result of tulip virus? I cant remember these tulips looking like this. Should I dig them up. the leaves look ok

Hi Mageth is there any yellow streaking on the leaves?

no M.

You can get Tulips like this .They are lovely.
Its surprising the different colours you can get for a tulip.
I often think that this one is like the Rhubarb and Custard variety

its just that I cant remember planting them H. Ive looked through my photos and cant find anything that looked like this

Yuo didn't plant them last autumn Mageth? Must say they looks hale and hearty to me... not one I'd select for our garden but in the right spot spectacular.

no, they have been in there for a while, its an out of the way corner, I like bright colours in the spring, especially against all the new spring greens. I like pastels in summer and reds and golds in autumn.

Just enjoy then Mageth

virus does cause colour break with out causing the death of the plant so I'd not worry personally. I think they are stunning.

thanks Seaburn. these are not near any other tulips so hopefully they will not infect any others