Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire border, England Eng

Is this a weigela or something else?

009 007

looks like one to me. there are several different colours available too. very nice.

Thanks Sbg.

I;m not at all convinced this is a Weigela - in the second picture, is that an open flower more or less in the middle? How large is the plant and is it evergreen?

I see the one you mean bamboo. and if it is an open flower then it probably isnt weigela. interesting.

The leaves look rather long and narrow to be weigela, too. Reminded me of oleander initially.

At first sight it can be taken for Weigela, but agree with Bamboo at the second picture there is an open flower seen, and it's not Weigela's...Very looks like Lonicera shrub variety. May be Lonicera korolkowii...

I have found lonicera tatarica following your lead Uma, and it looks identical but don't recall seeing any berries on it in July or August as it states. It is deciduous. It is long branched, 6-8ft, arching branches. I cut it right back 3 years ago as it was bare at the base to about 3ft up. It's flowering really well this year. Thanks Sbg, Bamboo and Uma.