Worcestershire, United Kingdom Gb

Morning all,

Iv got another amarylis question.

Two of my larger bulbs have started to rot and were attracting small black flys.

I have taken the bulbs from their pots, removed the decaying roots and wondered if I could save them.

They both have good strong white roots round the edge of the bulb but had rotted roots in the middle.

Should I let them dry out now or repot them in fresh compost and be more sparing with my watering in future.?

thanks very much, Donna

I would suggest that you get a fungicide, eg copper sulphate, from the garden centre and wash the bulbs in this, then replant in fresh compost.

i'd replant too and then water less frequently. once it gets warm [if it ever does]they can go out side for the summer.

brillant thanks very much, bulbs washed and replanted, mini watering can banned lol

How often should I water them?

good morning .

as a general rule re water when the top 1/2" is dry. push your finger in if its dry water it.

cheers for that