Warwickshire, United Kingdom Gb

what material could i use to create a pathway

Asked from the GoYpedia path ideas page

Paving slabs, paviours, gravel with retaining edges, paving slabs set into gravel, railway sleepers, stepping stones, turf.

Hi Guest there are lots of different materials you can use depending on how you are laying out your garden and the effect you wish to create. Off the top of my head I can think of the following: Paving slabs, grass, gravel, decorative bark, pebbles and sand. It all depends on what else is going to be in the garden and the look you are aiming for. I wouldn't recommend those wooden decking type squares when or frosty they are extremely slippery!

Iusefresh bark from the local sawmill.It smells lovely, it is soft to walk on and in 2-3 years as it starts to rot I can mix it in with the compost I am making.

Old bricks can look good.

Some places here in the States sell recycled tire chips for paths and play surfaces. I don't know that they do that in the UK, but it's another way to keep the old tires from piling up--and often burning! Gah!!

Tyre chips are available in the UK, Tugbrethil. A good place to buy them is from an equestrian supplier.