South Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Is my black currant dead?

I bought all three colours in a set, white, red and black. The other two have grown plenty leaves and one even has what looks like a tiny bunch of grapes on. The black one however, is still two little 4 inch sticks in the ground. All were bought and planted out a month ago two foot apart in the same soil. I think I may have read somewhere that one of them has to be treated differently or may flower differently, is that correct, or do I need to send it back to the company I bought it from. How much longer do I wait?

black currants should be in leaf and flower by now. so i suspect it is dead. Scrape a small bit of bark off, if it is green it is still alive. if brown it is dead and I'd take it back to where you bought it. Take photos of the other ones to show how good they are, you are more likely to get a satisfactory replacement/refund.

dont hold ya breath on getting a replacement but its worth a try.