By Hijuju

Essex, United Kingdom Gb

Yesterday i bought 2 Fuchsias called Happy wedding Day, they have white double flowers when blooming.

Can anyone tell me if they are Hardy please, and big they grow

A nice fuchsia...I have grown this one before. It is a basket plant and has a lovely trailing habit....the flowers can get quite large and heavy. Not a hardy fuchsia I'm afraid.

thanks aa

You could always take some cuttings and over winter them, I have done this quite successfully in the past.

i think i will try that thanks

Definately not hardy Hijuju. I tried to preserve a large standard HWD plant and it is now a short stick with 2 shoots about 8 inches up the stem!!!!! Obviously the root is still alive, and I will be interested to see how it goes along. It has a young plug plant waiting in the wings. It is a very stong grower, strikes cuttings easily, very large, showy flowers that sometimes break at the leaf axil as they can get so heavy on the stem. You could get flowers off this years cuttings, as I did last year, as I took bits off the standard when it needed to be controlled from getting too large.

Beautiful fuschia, semi hardy. I have had mine for 6 years, planted in hanging baskets and left out during the winter still hanging at 5ft from the ground. All are flourishing. They are on a slightly protected patio near the house.