By Becky39

Leicestershire, United Kingdom Gb

the flowers on my camellia thats in the garden, the flowers fall off shortly after they bloom all good flowers on the floor, any ides why

thanks for a grest site look forward to particapating.

WElcome to Goy Becky. I don't know the answer to this sorry. There are many on here who will know though. Thought I would have a look at the answers as i am thinking of getting a Camelia and have never grown one before. One thing I would say is....Is it growing in acid soil that the key apparently

Try going to the section at the bottom of the page press C and find camelia a question might have been asked before. Worth a go

Hi Becky and welcome to GoY. Could you amplify a little on your statement 'the flowers fall off shortly after they bloom all good flowers on the floor' When the flowers of camellia drop they still do look to be in perfect condition - at least that is my experience.

frosts can do this but after 7-10 days my flowers drop off too.I have always assumed its because the flower is over and non have been pollinated so there is no need to keep the flower.

• Camellia - Margaret Davis picote
  • White camellia 'Nobilissima' (Camellia japonica (Camellia))
  • Mum's Camellia (Camellia japonica (Camellia))
  • Camellia