By Motinot

down, Ireland Ie

This is the second year with this bulb..last year it grew healthy green leaves then they became limp and died, One of our friends here on GOY suggested Lily Beatle...I have watched it very carefully but no sign of any you can see in the pic, its happening again...All my other lilies are fine...:<((

On plant Crown Imperial

It is not a lily for a start, it is a Fritilaria and I cannot grow it either. But that does not look like Lily beetle damage to me. It looks more like a water problem. Too much or too little perhaps?

I didnt think it was Lily beetle either..perhaps it is a drainage problem?....Should i move it Owdboggy, and hope for the best next year?.....Thanks

I would not move it, whilst it is actively growing, but certainly would consider it once it has died down.

Sorry Owdboggy, i meant once it has died down....I think its heading in that direction...:<((