By Great

London, United Kingdom Gb

My bleeding Heart plant isn't looking too happy!!! why???. The leaves are a greyish colour the 'hearts' are droopy. I have watered it. I over wintered it in a pot kept it in a shady area of the garden with other plants as friends lol
I know I need to re plant it, was thinking of putting it into my wildlife 'project' area. But I am a little worried that if I disturb it it might die on me. Help

I do know that Dicentras resent root disturbance - maybe a pot wasn't such a good idea, as they are hardy plants - they just vanish when summer arrives and they've done their bit!

when you say droopy the flower stalk does tend to go more arching and then the hearts hang. A photo would help. If you intend to plant it out it prefers partial shade. dig a bigger hole than the pot and add plenty of leaf mould/ compost to the planting soil and avoid damaging the roots as best you can. It will probably recover for next year.

« which evergreen shrubs like wet soil