Renfrewshire, United Kingdom Gb

I have a lucky bamboo plant which is not over 5ft tall - I would like to cut it down but frightened to kill it - can you advise?

Suggest you google Lucky Bamboo - quite a lot of info on them ,though I haven't found any guidance about chopping them right down. Does look as though you can chop the tops off and root them up to make new plants quite easily though, so maybe you should do that first, then chop the current plant down.

Really a type of Draceana so yes, sections of stem can be rooted and grown on as Bamboo says. Nothing to do with the Bamboo family really of course.

dont try cutting it down if your going to remove it becaus eyou need to get a really stong veical cause my aunt tried to remove her bamboo tree and in the end she had to get a veical but that was one type of bamboo

Charlotte, lucky bamboo isn't a bamboo and it's grown in the house - its a type of Dracaena.