What Plant?

By Silva

N.Ireland, United Kingdom Gb

Unable to find out what type of plant this is

Looks like the flower on Sambucus nigra ? - related to elderberry.

I agree - I've got one and there's a close-up of a flower on page 4, 4th photo along, on my page.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about sambucus nigra.You just might have answered an earlier question I posted here.:-)

You are welcome, Silva. Susie, what was the question about? Did I miss it?

Hi Spritz it was simply to do with shrubs for my left hand border in the colour scheme I'm after.Sambucus nigra would fit the bill and it's fast growing.

Be careful with Sambucus, then. I had one facing SW and in a dry hot period - in spite of lots of watering, it died. My new one went in a shadier place 18 months ago and is VERY happy there. Yes, it's fast growing.

Thats such a coincidence Spritz.We had friends around this afternoon and she is very upset as her "Black Lace" Sambucus has died after two years of careful nurture yet that one was in the huge shady border at the foot of her garden.They say this is a hard to kill plant anywhere plant but clearly it's not.

• Sambucus  '  Black Lace  '
  • Sambuccus Nigra ( Elderberry) "Black Beauty"
  • Sambucus...Sutherland's gold (Sambucus racemosa (Red-berried elder))
  • Sambucus ' Black Lace '