Stockton on Tees, United Kingdom Gb

I bought some trailing apricot shades begonia corms and followed the directions for potting up. I put them just on the surface of some moist compost in 3" pots. I don't have an airing cupboard so they are sitting on a windowsill. This was 2 months ago and nothing is happening with them. I have followed the advice to water them from the bottom to avoid the corm becomming waterlogged, but don't know what I am doing wrong. Any advice please or shall I just assume they are not going to do anything? Many thanks.

On plant Begonia

Can I suggest you put them somewhere with bottom heat. Also you need to cover the corms with a thin layer of compost. Roots grow from the top of the corm as well as underneath. Keep them moist, not waterlogged. Good luck!!

Many thanks. It's nice to hear they may still have a

Might be a bit late for this now, but I always start mine off in the airing cupboard. Put some damp compost in a plastic bag place the corms on top and then tie the bag --------- shoots appear in no time.
Silly woman, I just realized you don;t have an airing cupboard !!!! Hey Ho.

Thanks Valadel! One tip for another eh? You with your vineweevils and me with my I actually informed the people I bought the plants off and they are sending me a further batch. When they arrive I may try your tip and put them somewhere warm.

When you get your new corms....try some of them in as warm a place as you can find, upside need for compost...and they will soon chit....then pot them up..(..I put mine in my heated propagator....) might be worth treating yourself to will come in very useful for starting off seeds as well....

Oh that is so good to hear that they are being replaced ,my trouble has been that I just moan instead of informing the sellers of my disatisfaction . Well done Dylandog.
I agree with Amblealice a heated propagator is very useful.

• Man with Begonia........ (Begonia)
  • Begonia first flower...... (Begonia)
  • Begonia in waterng can..... (Begonia)
  • Begonia 'Candy Kisses' (Begonia)

« where can I buy cobaea scanden plants