Lincolnshire, United Kingdom Gb

Can anybody recommend a fast growing, pretty flowered, evergreen shrub! (I don't want alot heehee!)

Choisya ternata? I love it! Not particularly fast growing, but be warned - anything that shoots up like a rocket keeps shooting up - it doesn't seem to know that you didn't actually want a skyscraper! LOL.

Hmm had not thought about that.

Do not need a skyscraper but a quite large shrub is necessary as screening quite an unsightly bit of dyke.

How about Escallonia - that can get larger, and you can prune it back, too. There are several different colours to choose from - white, pale and dark pink or red.

Berberis darwinii?

Skimmia though not that fast growing. Holly if you prune it becomes shrub like rather than tree like.

Well I have been to a garden centre today and spent far too much time looking round! Have ended up with an Escallonia - Apple blossom that looks like the flowers will be just spectacular so thankyou so much for suggestions and help! Am learning every day with this gardening mission I am on!

Mum nearly fell on the floor laughing when I exclaimed "OOoo Escallonia apple blossom - just what I was looking for!"

YAYY!! I'm glad you found a shrub you'll enjoy. :-))

this is a lovely shrub. i have it in my front garden :o)

« how to get rid of grass roots