By Janey

Lincolnshire, England Eng

Hi Does anyone know what Cerinthe Major seedlings look like? A friend gave me some seeds which now are growing well....thing is they look like Sweet Peas...Lol! The seeds though were more pointed. I'm not sure now where to plant these in the garden in the border or by the trellis???

Hi my plants have a glaucous blue foliage and very round waxy leaves.

Two rounded leaves to start off, as Iristocrat says. They are very obviously Cerinthe, straight away.

Thanks Iris and Barbara...........I was expecting them to be like you say...she must have got mixed either more Sweet peas or Perennial Sweet peas....not to worry, I fancied an here's a reason to have!

Hi Janey iv some Seedlings in my borders :) il post a Pic l8r 2day 4 u 2 see :)X

I have a couple of volunteer Cerinthe growing and people mistake them for fava (broad) beans, of which I have none.

Hi, I have just planted some cerinthe seeds and they were like sweetpeas but pointed...not germinated yet so can't tell you what they look like but if you go to The Seed Site UK go to the bottom of the page and put in "Cerinthe" you get a picture of the seeds and seedlings.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Gaia......hope yours turn out to be Cerinthe...will have a look at the site now...:o)