By Lovetta

After an unusually cold snap this winter, my well established lithadora looks as if it is dying as it grows--en masse. I am tempted to shear it off and hope for the best. Any advice?

On plant Lithodora diffusa

I have a few of them, Lovetta, and i did that last year because like yours, it was looking tatty.
It grew back normally and when i looked at mine yesterday i saw that it's come through this cold winter okay and i probably won't need to cut it back this year.
However, seeing as it looks so healthy now though i might do it regularly - just to keep it strong !

Whilst I do trim back Lithodora, every few years I will throw out the plant and replace it with a new one.

• Lithodora diffusa 'Heavenly Blue' I had this in a container in 2010 and planted it here where its thrived (Lithodora diffusa 'Heavenly Blue')
  • This plant is flowering so well and I can't remember it's name. (Lithodora diffusa (Lithodora))
  • Lithodora diffusa 'Heavenly Blue' (Lithodora diffusa 'Heavenly Blue')
  • Lithodora 'Heavenly blue' flower closer up. (Lithodora diffusa (Lithodora))

« sea holly how do i look aafter