Lanarkshire,Scotland, United Kingdom Gb

I bought six begonia tubers,,,,,Can I start them off together in a 7 or 8 inch pot before planting them out in June? I'm slightly worried about roots getting tangled during this period.

I would plant them all in individual pots that way you arent disturbing the roots,3" should surfice.

Thanks Maggy7 -"3" -you mean once top growth gets to that height it's time to plant out?

My problem is a cosmetic one with regard to my wife(boss) She will not allow six pots in the conservatory....! I am thinking maybe six white pots might be acceptable -but that's not any guarantee! I have previously used an outside plastic cloche with disastrous results - can't think of a better place than the conservatory......

just to start them off I'd pop them in a cupboard and then move them on. does the boss like them? if so you have to have the 'pain to get the gain'. I'd do separate pots too.

I just bought coir fertile pots today - and a trough that will take all six tubers.
-I'm thinking maybe gravel with water in the bottom. Never used coir before - do I add compost as with 'normal' pots??

My poor conservatory is covered with pots, trays, bags of compost, seeds, bulbs, sprays, garden books, mags...the list is endless....I couldnt stand it being all neat and tidy....:>))

If it were down to me -I would have it FILLED with exotic plants & cacti !

Rightly so Begoniafan...:>)

Bad news about the coir pots........TOO small...I might just go back to my spare 4-5" plastic pots.

• Early Oct.
  • Pink Begonia
  • Begonia
  • Sun Spot In the House