By Andrea

Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Anyone any experience....of looking after orange trees in Yorkshire! I was given one as a christmas present from my son. I have been keeping it in a sunny room and watering sparingly. It has started sprouting new leaves but also dropping quite a few of the old ones.....any advice would be much appreciated!

Continue as you're doing now, though I hope it's not in a room that's too hot! Stand outside during the summer months - all the time it's growing new leaves quite happily, you needn't worry about the few that drop. I have a friend who grows these - she puts them in her unheated shed during winter (at the end of which, all the leaves have gone) then moves them outside during the summer and all the leaves grow back again. I'm not suggesting you do this, though, since you live in a colder area than we in the south.

Many Thanks for taking the ttime to reply!

« When and how do I prune hydrangeas ?