How hardy is Tibouchine Isla Bonita

On plant Tibouchina

I spelt it with an E at the end insted of an A,and got somthing very diferent, anyway they are very cold sensitive, and need to be in a greenhouse when tempt falls to betwen 8and 10 degrees,

thanks - too late now I fear! The favourite plant in our garden and will be replaced if possible.

Thanks for info re Tibouchina -- yes, it is spelt with an 'a' Chances are that it had suffered too much cold before being sheltered. A lovely plant and was quite the star of our garden./

I've seen it flourishing in the Canary Islands - that's the temperatures it likes. Cliffo is right about its tenderness, I'm afraid - and I spell it with an 'a' on the end, too!

If you do get another one, it needs to come indoors or in a warm greenhouse in the autumn well before the temperatures drop, to be safe.

• MEANIE HERE IT IS............TIBOUCHINA. (Tibouchina urvilleana (Lasiandra))
  • Sorry could not resist adding another picture. (Tibouchina urvilleana (Lasiandra))
  • It's Tibouchina Time! (Tibouchina urvilleana (Lasiandra))
  • tibouchina purple close (Tibouchina urvilleana (Lasiandra))