By Harli

Washington, United States Us

I have more flowers growing I can't identify. The leaves are fuzzy, here is a closeup of the flower...

Looks like red clover.

That's a weed, Harli, as Blodyn says, it's red clover and you'll have a job getting rid of it. It speads by runners above the soil level. Get digging!

Hi Harli,let me make an appeal on behalf of the red clover.It is a wonderful plant to have in your garden to attract bees and it also 'fixes' nitrogen in the soil.I could think of a lot worse 'weeds' to have in your garden.So please keep a patch growing somewhere.I personally have never found it invasive but then again that might be down to local conditions.

Thank you so much for the information. One thing we have plenty of in this yard is honey bees. Apparently this part of the country is having a hard time right now with not enough honey bees, but that isn't the case here, so they are very welcome here. Now the wasps are another story, onry nasty things.

• Our fragile fauna and flora
  • Bee in thistle 1
  • Bees on thistle 2
  • Honey Suckle