By Bournio

KENT, United Kingdom Gb

Hey guys, very new to the site - extremely impressed. I am looking for any London gardeners who have experience with sourcing good quality soils? Help.

I take it you mean topsoil, do you? And in quantity, ie a lorry load? Or are you wanting much smaller amounts?
Just checked your profile, and I'd guess you're asking about quantity of topsoil - strangely enough, the last lot I ordered which was decent (years ago now, though) came up to Earls Court from a company in Kent!

Welcome to GOY Bournio it sounds like coals to Newcastle!

Welcome to GoY, Bournio. Can't help with your question as I'm in Canada but I hope you enjoy it here. :o)

The thing I'd be cautious about is weeds, imagine importing bindweed or mare's tail. you get what you pay for.

hay Bournio the girls jumped in there good looking guy,,,,,, what are you doing there Heron lol

lol cliffo - you're right though!

Loving the ferverent feedback guys, much appreciated - i think there are a couple of take away points here - yes it would be a sandy loam topsoil for basic seeding, but i just wondered wether or not anyone had experience with any companys bringing soil, or any bulk landscaping products into the capital. Sorry for the vagueness and i appreciate your comments - good to get the networking ball rolling with everyone.

can you split a begonia tuber »