Oregon, United States Us

Hardy shade loving shrub is now unhappy. Today's plant ID challenge is a large shrub that was doing really well until I removed a tree that was shading it (although it still looked pretty good when this photo was taken). I like it and would consider moving it, unless there is something else I can do to make it happy in the direct sun. Any advice? Thanks!

On plant Spiraea

Hpim0883 Hpim0884 Hardy_shady_loving_mystery_shrub

it might be an escalonia or a spirea. cant relly tell from the photos. has it flowered if so when colour etc? is it evergreen?
when you removed the tree you might have damaged its roots and root run. Keep it well waterd and perhaps give it a light prune. It will adjust and probably come through next spring quite happy.

It is indeed a Spiraea. Probably S. arguta from the looks.

Yep, I'd say Spiraea argutea (Bridal Wreath). This shrub quite likes some sun, and should be pruned immediately after flowering

Spiraea argutea, I haven't noticed its flowering but I'll be on the lookout and prune it accordingly. Thanks!

• Spiraea 'Gold Mound'  (Spiraea goldmound)
  • Spiraea japonica 'Firelight' (Spiraea japonica 'Firelight')
  •  Japanese Spirea Closer (Spiraea japonica (Japanese Spiraea))
  • Spiraea x vanhouttei (Spiraea x vanhouttei)