By Pip_c

Southern Sydney, NSW, Australia Au

What's this plant 2

These Australian plants are very difficult for us northern European majority on here Pip I have to say. Many of your plant families though related or allied to ours have diverged too far and are quite different at least in form if not botanical floral/fruit id.

Can you possibly get a macro shot of that flower cluster?

I'm not even sure it is an Aussie native Fractal!!

Now for those flowers...I'll see if I can get a pic for you.

Hi Pip, this could be a Grevillea, one of the Juniperina types, but I would need a closer image to be sure.

Reminds me of Prostanthera (Mint bush) at this distance.

I think the foliage is too grey to be that, Longleaf.

True the little white flowers look like Cunetea prostanthera (Alpine Mint Bush), but the leaves look too small. I have some 3 tiny shrubs in my garden, we really need a close up of the flowers. Very nice whatever it is

It reminds me a bit of Rosemary, especially from a distance. It's the flowers that give it away.

I wonder if this is not one of those shrubby daisies such as Ozothamnus. There are many species (though only a couple grown over here).

Pip, when you rub the leaves and branches in your hand, does it smell. It doesn't look like rosemary, but if it has a fresh minty smell, then it is Prostranthera Cunetea. Saying that the leaves look too thin for that shrub, would definitely need a close up of flowers and leaves.
I have a picture of the Prostranthera on one of my blogs, last one I did I think, check out a close up on there

Hmmm. Thanks for the tip Andrea. I will have to check.

What's this plant 1 »