By Sadie

west midlands, United Kingdom Gb

I have two roses I planted 2 years ago and would like to move them. When is the best time to do this?

You're not twearly as November is a good time to move them. Important things to remember, firstly be sure that there's not been roses where you want to put them before. second, trim the bush to about a third and remove any straggly roots cleanly. Keep as much of the soil as possible so as not to damage the finer roots. And finally to be certain of success add some 'Root grow' directly to the soil so that it comes into contact with the roots.

Make sure that you prepare the new planting hole before you start to dig up the bushes...something always happens and then you're not ready to replant. But if the new hole is ready it seems so much quicker! add compost and bonemeal and remember to water it in well and water all next year.

• Lavander Rose (Cotoneaster roseus)
  • 3 Bluemoon Flowers
  • Summer Perfection................
  • patio rose