What kind of tree is that?

France Fr

I am looking for the name of this tre, see at

Unfortunately this tree is not any more there, but I woud like to plant the same kind of tree again.
Is it a kind of (false) cypres?

If you knew the common or latin name I would be grateful.

Yes it is one of the Chamaecyparis, false cypress

It looks like as MG says a Chamaecyparis, specifically the species and variety C. lawsoniana 'Erecta Viridis'

These two trees in this link looks pretty much like it.

Thanks Fractal hadn't had time to check!

Thank you very much Fractal,
indeed the picture your provide looks
pretty much like that tree.

The color, however, (bright green) on the pic you provide seems to be brighter as the tree on my picture.

Is there also a variant of Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Erecta Viridis' in dark(er) green?

This is the trouble, there are so many clones out there with several differing only by degree.

It could also be the photography that is making the difference here. This is the same plant taken by another photographer:

One other point, these two trees in my earlier post could be just coming into their new seasons growth which is lighter in colour.

Many thanks. I should add that in about June my tree had very fine light red blooms (as fine as dots).

These are the strobili, the male reproductive cones that release pollen.

Since there are so many variants
arround, is there any online garden shop where one can buy just this very tree (with Europe wide delivery)?

I am asking since in most cases
there are all kinds of cypres on offer
but not this one.

Many thx in advance.