Plant identification

By Simbad

Lincolnshire, United Kingdom Gb

Can anyone identify this plant for me, recently sent to me by friend who can't remember the name, tiny 1/2 inch flowers strap like leaves and has bulbous roots.

Might be Tritonia? Though probably not, thinking about it.

is it an iaxia?

Could it be Ixia longituba? flowers about this time

Anomatheca laxa, now called Freesia laxa I think.

Thanks guys, just searched your suggestions and think it does look like Freesia laxa Owdboggy, thanks for that.

Good. Just managed to get rid of it from the sand plunge in the Alpine house. It is a bit of a seed weed in places. There is also a pure white version and a white one with a red eye.

Just been looking at some of your photo's Owdboggy, you certainly have a lovely garden and alpine house, thanks for advice, think I'll grow freesia in pot as don't have alpine house, put it outside summer, have quite a few lovely plants sent to me by same friend but not many are hardy here(she lives on Isle of White) so all go in greenhouse in winter, thanks again, Kathy.

Thank you. Sadly at present I am unable to post any pictures to update the views of the garden. Very annoying!
The Freesia is quite hardy in a well drained soil in a sunny spot on a rock garden.

« Middlesex area