Tomato blight

By Masie

Carmarthenshire, Wales Wal

Hello All! I've just sorted out the few tomatoes/plants that had blight,for the bonfire.but can anyone tell me if the soil that they were grown in is allright to use again even on the flower beds and can the toms that appear clear be eaten or not when ripe. cheers Masie

Masie if you grew the tomatoes in pots I would dispose of the soil, it can have the blight spore it it and if you put on your flower bed could infect more soil.

The tomatoes that have not been affected by blight can certainly be eaten once ripe.

I've just cut back a lot of blight today on some of our tomato plants - most of our fruit is almost ripe though so have just cut off the affected leaves and will hope I can ripen the fruits then bin everything!

You can always ripen the fruits in a paper bag with a banana Lobelialover. If you leave them on the vine you risk them becoming blighted too.

• Early harvest
  • The End
  • Comparing tomatoes
  • Cherry tomatoes with blight