I own a desert rose for 1 yearand 2 months I can't Get the plant to flower right now its growing outdoors in a cold house with a few hours of morning sun and high temperatures I water the plant when soil is nearly dry. When are they suppose to flower

what am i doing wrong

On plant Adenium obesum

Answers

Great looking plants but sadly not too familiar with them culturally.

I do know that being African caudiciforms, they do like to be kept warm even in winter. I saw a photo of this one in habitat (or maybe one of the other species) and it looked like it was growing out of mineral quartz!

Someone might be able to give you more info than I can.

Desert rose shrub/small tree flowers in summer. They do go semi dormant, depending on the region you live in. They are tropical plants, so need plenty of sunshine and humidity. Don't know why they are called desert rose, I have not seen them in the desert.
Look up Adenium obesum in google and you can find out more about them. I had a few plants, they don't grow fast, but mine did produce flowers in the second year. Good luck.

There is an Adenium page with 19 pics and cultural info.

• Adenium obesum - Desert Rose Flowering (Adenium obesum - Desert Rose)
    Delonix1
  • Adenium obesum - Desert Rose (Adenium obesum - Desert Rose)
    Delonix1
    Delonix1
  • Adenium obesum 'Ice Pink' - Ice Pink Desert Rose Flowering (Adenium obesum 'Ice Pink' - Ice Pink Desert Rose)
    Delonix1