King Edward Spuds

Wiltshire, United Kingdom Gb

I've just dug up my first lot of spuds and i was wondering if there are any do and donts when it comes to my spuds. Ie, can they be too small? Does it matter some are pink? how long do i leave them out to dry? how long can i store them for?

different varieties of spuds have different skin colours. yours probably just have pink bluses in their dna! i eat some as small as large marbles!

Hi Womble size is not important, store them somewhere cool and dry in, for example, a hessian sack.

King Edwards are an excellent potatoe to start with. They do have pinky bits and yours look to be a very healthy crop. Eat the smallest that you can handle but remeber that you should have even sized pieces in the cooking pot at one time.

and remember to exclude all light. dont eat green bits as they are poisonous.

thanks for all the advice. i had my first taste tonight and they were delicious.

good good.