coprosma ?

West Midlands, United Kingdom Gb

Does anyone have any experience of coprosma, in particular c. evening glow. A neighbour has just bought a small plant and it looks like someone has polished it. It's also known as mirror plant, lovely:-)

Coprosma's are attractive foliage shrubs but, they often succumb in a hard winter. Unless you live near the coast (which I see you don't) you will need to protect it by either bringing it into a frost free or nearly frost free place.

Hi Fractal, thanks,I couldn't live further from the coast if I tried, could I? :-(

I have several in my garden, I love them, I live on the Isle of Wight so I can get away with leaving them outside. I have Kiwi Red, Fireburst, Pink Splendour and Painters Pallette. I put a bark mulch around the root base in the Winter, if the frost does get the upper growth, leaves do start to appear from the bottom of the plant in the Spring, rabbits like them and they like to be pruned to keep them bushy.

Thanks, Perhaps I might give it a go in a pot, do they like a pot?

Spritzhenry grows them in pots and they seem to like it

thanks :-)

how to grow »