County Down, United Kingdom Gb

I've just planted narcissus bulbs in my lawn. The ground below the turf is clay. I placed horticultural grit in the 100mm deep planting hole beneath the bulbs but am concerned that, because of the poor nature of the soil, the bulbs will need fertilized.
What fertilizer would you recommend to be applied to the surface that would benefit both the grass and the newly planted bulbs?
Many thanks
Barrie Todd / County Down / Northern Ireland.

i have just scattered blood and bone on where i have mixed daffs and some narccisus,in the hope more will flower this year. the last two years have diapointed with blind daffs if this does not work i will have to dig them out,i think i went wrong buying a net of cheap bulbs although firm some were scorched,maybe dried by heat fingers crossed

I don't think fertilising them will help at this time of the year, as you can't affect the bulbs. I'd do it after they've flowered. Leave the foliage to die back and then feed them with a general fertiliser like blood, fish and bone...but water it in, as foxes love it! Or - you could use a liquid one, maybe a seaweed based one.

hi spritz i was hoping it would sink into soil i thought the bulbs might be starting in a couple of months ,maybe too soon thanks

next years flowers will already be in the bulb. so if you plan to feed then feed after flowering. if they are blind in the spring then feed them then. Give them a foliar feed or a growmore type granular feed.