Northumberland / tyneside, United Kingdom Gb

two questions today,
1. can anyone help with this fuchsia? I know its tender and bred for standards but forgot the name.
2. Do I strip off all foliage prior to wrapping in fleece for the winter? I plan on leaving in and covering the stem with plumbing insulation tube and fleece for the top.
Or am I taking to big a risk? and should I dig up and store in garage till frosts gone. A little worried as forcast this weekend is 3degrees overnight.

Fuchsia_002 Fuchsia_003

You are quite far north so I wouldn't risk leaving it out. Standard Fuchsias need to be kept growing all winter to retain the 'head'. Dig it up and pot it up and keep it inside over winter.

Again I agree with Volunteer, plus the fact being against that fence might offer protection from high winds, but it might also be a frost pocket!

What I tend to do with some stuff that I put out for the summer is sink the plant pot into the soil, and you get the effect of an outdoor plant!

Then at this time of the year you can dig it up again and put it somewhere frost free for the winter,if a garage is all you have then that will have to do.

Thanks Guys, might try and convince OH to keep them in conservatory. If I have to keep them green.

Could it be Paula Jane? You don't have to keep much leaf on it in the conservatory and it can then get quite cold as long as it doesn't freeze and you keep it well on the dry side - the fewer leaves it has the drier it should be really.