Killing weeds

What treatment can i buy that will not kill the grass and is not dangerous to dogs

How and where are you trying to kill weeds? There are 'weeds' and then there are 'WEEDS' a lot of weeds you can just pull-up , weed out: others you have to work at... more info needed

i dont know if there are any safe for dogs. If you are killing weeds in grass, have a look at 'weed and feed' it will tell you if it is suitable.
welcome to GoY too.

we use Verdonne think thats how its spelt on our grass it says pet friendly!!
its a liquid form
x x x

Verdone is probably your best bet, as Mookins says - once it's dry, it's safe to let kids, dogs and cats back onto the grass. Don't use the granular ones - not suitable where there's pets and children.

the weeds will go crispy to start with then after a while black (sounds like my cooking)
they will rot away and leave a lil patch which soon reheals. I also use a little for "spotting" when I see them appearing but dont overuse

x x x