I am trying to identify my laburnum, can you help?

By Dds

Two unusual features seem to be firstly that it only flowers in July and secondly as soon as the flowers arrive pigeons strip the tree bare - can you help?

On plant Laburnum

Are you sure it's a Laburnam? As far as I'm aware, there is no variety that flowers in July, and certainly not one that the birds, pigeons or otherwise, would eat. Any chance of a picture? Only thing I can think of that's similar, and flowers now, is Koelreuteria paniculata - google it, tell me what you think. The one noticeable difference is that it holds its flowers upright in a cluster, not dangling down.

thank you for your response, it is not Koelreuteria paniculata, I have uploaded a picture of the leaves and pods, I have 3 more pictures can I upload more than one?

Well that defo looks like Laburnam, doesn't it. And no, you can't put more than one pic with a question - you can put them in your gallery and direct people there though. But if you've got seedpods now, surely it flowered a while back?

Could it be Cytisus battandieri?

Now there's a thought, Fractal - except its overall appearance and growth habit is not like Laburnam. More pics please - can we have one of the plant as a whole?

• More Laburnum Adamii flowers....:o) (Laburnum Adamii)
  • Laburnum x wateri 'vossii' 'Golden Rain Tree' (Laburnum x wateri 'Vossii')
  • Laburnum Vossi (Laburnum vossii)
  • Laburnum x watereri Vossii (Laburnum x watereri (Golden rain))