Hereford, United Kingdom Gb

Hi everyone, i had some lupins deposited by birds some time ago,potted them and now there in flower look nice but i was told they get very big,i gave them away as i havent got the room but the person i gave them to wants to know how big they get,thanks for any help.Rich

Yeah as you know birds will spread Lupin seeds & under the right conditions one plant can spread very easily given the chance > you can avoid them spreading simply by cutting off the flower heads when they have flowered & the seed pods have appeared, it should"nt stop the plant flowering again, or you can jst pot the plant in a pot big enough to prevent it spreading any further than the pot > personally more the merrier for me, when you see 1 or 2 flowering heads jst imagine 5 or 6, chances are thats what you would get the next year.

Sizes vary slightly, but around 3-4 feet high by about 2 feet wide.

i have one that is 4ft wide and flower spikes up to 5ft tall and some dwarf ones about 2ft spread.
I am surprised that birds deposit the seed, as they have explosive pods that throw the seed several yards away

• fox gloves towering above lupins
  • Pink Lupin
  • Lupin
  • Lupins at Chelsea Flower Show