Can anyone identify a bright green bug found on my thornless blackberry?

By Queenie

Surrey, United Kingdom Gb

It looks like a small grasshopper with long articulated legs but smaller and without the 'hopping' legs I think it's eating the leaves, leaving large chewed holes and chewed through the growing tip - grrrr!

Isits body shield shaped? if so it a Green Shirled bug (although the long articulated legs makes me think not), Perfectly fine and not a pest, Good as it eats bad bugs, a pic would be nice if possible

No not a shield bug - they are flatter and bigger will try to get pic, as I have the offender in a jar!

It sounds a bit to me like the Rose Chafer (Cetonia Aurata)

there are many species of grass hoppers and their juvenile look like mini adults minus the wings. so it could well be a grasshopper or a cricket.

does it look like this?

i was thinking it was a grasshopper, but now i'm not sure.

Yes! Tmg25 that is exactly the blighter - you're kinder than me -mine is lanquishing in a jar til I can identify it - do you know what it is? a rose chafer as Telme suggests?