Suffolk, United Kingdom Gb

I have just started to harvest my potatos, but they appear to have been eaten by something, they have a small hole on the outside but a lot of the inside has been eated, what might have caused this and how do I stop it in the futrue.

most likely slugs or a small maggoty things cant bring name to prevent this happening you must harvest as soon as they are big enough ,do not leave as slug and bug fodder

Yup most likely slug! Sorry...

Thanks for you replys, this is my first growing season on an allotment, so I think I have a lot to learn, look out for lots more questions from me.

If I harvest all of my Potatoes, what is the best way to store them.

If they are main crop potatoes somewhere cool, dark, frost free and dry. If they are second early potatoes you need to use them within the next month or so - digging up as needed.

second early wilja will store well in paper sacks when buying through winter you will almost always see sacks of wija on sale it is time all potatoes were out of ground this year because of large numbers of slugs etc

I agree al our tatties have been lifted...