West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

Brussel sprouts mine are about 2/3 ft tall and looking healthy I have read conflicting advice about removing the lower leaves to encourage the sprouts to grow do I remove them or not.

Leave them on!

As the sprout that is growing in the leaf axil expands in size, it will push the leaves off naturally.

It is advisable to clear these fallen leaves ASAP as the are harbours for pests and disease!

And yes i have heard various points of view on the subject, but this is the one that works for me.

Btw my sprouts are rubbish this year they are only the size of peas when I would expect them to be about an inch in diameter.

Looks like Xmas dinner is going to suffer, guess I will have to have an extra helping of pudding;o ))

leave all leaves in place the little spout bud feeds from the leaf,the buds will still be small but mother nature will soon take over and you will have sprouts for chistmas tou dont realy want big fat loose ones do you