Tall Campanula

Janey

By Janey

Lincolnshire, England Eng

Does anyone know the name of this Campanula in my garden? I thought it may have been Chimney Bellflower, but not sure or Ladybells? What do you think?

Spring_and_summer....2009_597

Answers

Campanula latifolia

Sid
Sid

Ooh Janey it's pretty!

Well, that was quick, thanks Bamboo! It is nice isn't it Sid, especially when they've all opened. I do like the one you've just got too...super bells on that!

Just luck Janey - happened to log on just as you put the question up :-)

There must be lots of different types, its not the Brantwood, you don't think its Ladybells Bamboo?

Well I might, if I knew what Ladybells was! Could be C. latifolia "Gloaming" from the colour, though if the flowers are held on branching heads, it might be C. lactiflora, but I don't think it is.
I'm slightly puzzled as to why the advert on the right of your question is for Ugg boots - can't see the connection between them and your question for the life of me!

Ive had a look at the latifolia Bamboo and the bells are different and hang differently.....I've found a plant onthe internet called Adenophora or Ladybells and it resembles it mostly, the leaf too.......many thanks though....:o)

Crikey....don't know, theres and advert of Ebay on now!

It does seem a bit late for Campanula . Thanks for the name Adenophora, I shall look it up with great interest.

I think its Adenophora Confusa, Bamboo....certainly has confused us..Lol!

I don't know that I'm convinced - it seems adenophora flowers appear in "late summer" and it isn't too late for C. latifolia, they flower "midsummer". You reckon its late summer now? I suppose it could be.
Just checked out Google pic in the States - it looks like yours, but it's a month early - it usually flowers in late July/August; I'm still confusa!

No...no...its only early Summer isn't it....the flowers on the latifolia were different and they grew straight out from the stem whereas these hang down....mucha confusa!!...:o)

i'd have gone for lactiflora. Adenaphora bullyana flowers july august apparently.

Mmmmm.......not the lactiflora or Milky Bellflower, it has a different growth habit.....the mystery deepens.....Lol!