Will my clematis montana flower again this year?

By Fluff

Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

I bought one of these prolific climbers earlier in the year & in full bloom. The flowers didn't last long but the plant is growing rapidly & looks really healthy. Just wondered if I can make it flower again?!

No. It flowers early in Spring, one massive flush for a few weeks, and that's it till the following year.

That's disappointing but thankyou for your prompt answer. I'll just look forward to it next year then!

You may get another flush of flowers this year, sept/oct. wait and see, just keep your clematis watered and the roots shaded.

It wouldn't hurt to feed it, too. I use blood, fish and bone sprinked round the roots, or a liquid feed watered on.

Thanks Doctorbob...I am looking after it! It looks like it wants to flower again...if that doesn't sound too daft.

Yes I have fed it but didn't want to end up with miles of greenery & no flowers. I'll let you know if it delivers. Thanks all.