Working on the Crape Mertile!
My Crape Mertile in the backyard has been loosing a few leaves, so today, I did the full sick tree treatment and it might just do better!
I gave the little guy a 5 inch deep barrier to prevent the Bermuda grass from encroaching on its’ root system
The 6 inch barrier was buried as deep as possible because Bermuda “feeders” often grow deeply into fresh flowerbeds.
Below is the loss of external branch growth that the little tree had:
I have put down some “green sand” and some of that great Madena 6-0-2 organic fertilizer out to the drip line of the tree, so the little guy should be one HAPPY camper in about 3 days!
I’ll keep you posted on the progress! :-)
- 28 Sep, 2009
- 1 like
Previous post: Lightning strike!
Next post: Sunday project!