Gone and done it now!
My Erythrina “Crista Galli” has had an ongoing problem with red spider mite.
I’ve tried several products with very little success – the most effective almost did the plant in! However, by misting it twice a day since July it looked as though I had finally got rid of them. That was until last week, when they popped back up.
Before I bought everything back in for the winter, the conservatory was cleaned top to bottom, so I have to assume that they had lain dormant in the hollow stems (or somewhere). I can’t risk my other plants falling prey to the little sods, so I though to hell with it – it can go out in the frost for a couple of nights!
I seem to recall that Andrewr had some limited success with over-wintering this outside, so hopefully the plant will recover. If it still looks ok in a week or so, I may well repeat the process.
I’ve ordered some of the microscopic predators too. not sure if they will last if there’s no “food” left for them though.
Now all I need to do is to find something that’s effective on the Totrix moth that is blighting my Sollya!
- 15 Nov, 2010
- 1 like
More blog posts by meanie
Previous post: Another collection of beauties!
Next post: Wednesday, 11.30pm - Radio 5 Live
Recent posts by meanie
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
17 Apr, 2008