I really felt the pain when Monty chopped the Hosta plant
root with his sharp spade. He even said the two halves
could be chopped again into quarters !
What is happening to this ‘Gardening World’ he inhabits ?
When dividing herbaceous plants in the spring the old
ways are the best. Insert two garden forks into the
root, back to back, and gently pull on the handles.
This divides the root without causing any damage.
- 26 Mar, 2016
- 0 likes
Previous post: There is no need to go searching for garden ornaments.
Recent posts by dianebulley
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
- A useful exercise to think about over the holidays..........
21 Dec, 2016
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
- New game. Growing worms for a fisherman.
3 Dec, 2016