I really felt the pain when Monty chopped the Hosta plant
root with his sharp spade. He even said the two halves
could be chopped again into quarters !
What is happening to this ‘Gardening World’ he inhabits ?
When dividing herbaceous plants in the spring the old
ways are the best. Insert two garden forks into the
root, back to back, and gently pull on the handles.
This divides the root without causing any damage.
- 26 Mar, 2016
- 0 likes
Previous post: There is no need to go searching for garden ornaments.
Recent posts by dianebulley
- Someone once said
21 Oct, 2016
- If you are keen to have a better understanding of your garden soil
14 Oct, 2016
- If you are over 75, have had pets all your life,
8 Oct, 2016
- Wandering round the Alpine displays
4 Oct, 2016
- I am happy again today, I want you all to know .........
20 Sep, 2016
- New idea ! Winter approaches.
16 Sep, 2016