I really felt the pain when Monty chopped the Hosta plant
root with his sharp spade. He even said the two halves
could be chopped again into quarters !
What is happening to this ‘Gardening World’ he inhabits ?
When dividing herbaceous plants in the spring the old
ways are the best. Insert two garden forks into the
root, back to back, and gently pull on the handles.
This divides the root without causing any damage.
- 26 Mar, 2016
- 0 likes
Previous post: There is no need to go searching for garden ornaments.
Recent posts by dianebulley
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017