There are ten thousand gardening accidents
every year, one third of them involve people
falling off ladders. (Heard on Helicoper Heroes programme)
With gardening being a very popular retirement hobby,
these accidents often involve elderly people.
Could Goy members devise a Safety Code to prevent
these Accidents ?
The correct working method always used to be to have
another person standing on the bottom rung to provide
the correct balance.
Does this still apply ?
Should all ladders be tied to a fixture with a rope
at the top rung?
Should all new ladders be supplied with a hook at the
top that can be clipped to a fixture ?
Health and Safety Regulations seem to have missed out on this problem.
- 27 Feb, 2014
- 0 likes
Previous post: Members who are disabled
Next post: The Forestry Commission
Recent posts by dianebulley
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
- A useful exercise to think about over the holidays..........
21 Dec, 2016
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
- New game. Growing worms for a fisherman.
3 Dec, 2016