There are ten thousand gardening accidents
every year, one third of them involve people
falling off ladders. (Heard on Helicoper Heroes programme)
With gardening being a very popular retirement hobby,
these accidents often involve elderly people.
Could Goy members devise a Safety Code to prevent
these Accidents ?
The correct working method always used to be to have
another person standing on the bottom rung to provide
the correct balance.
Does this still apply ?
Should all ladders be tied to a fixture with a rope
at the top rung?
Should all new ladders be supplied with a hook at the
top that can be clipped to a fixture ?
Health and Safety Regulations seem to have missed out on this problem.
- 27 Feb, 2014
- 0 likes
Previous post: Members who are disabled
Next post: The Forestry Commission
Recent posts by dianebulley
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
- If you gave up on music as a child...............
11 Feb, 2017