There are ten thousand gardening accidents
every year, one third of them involve people
falling off ladders. (Heard on Helicoper Heroes programme)
With gardening being a very popular retirement hobby,
these accidents often involve elderly people.
Could Goy members devise a Safety Code to prevent
these Accidents ?
The correct working method always used to be to have
another person standing on the bottom rung to provide
the correct balance.
Does this still apply ?
Should all ladders be tied to a fixture with a rope
at the top rung?
Should all new ladders be supplied with a hook at the
top that can be clipped to a fixture ?
Health and Safety Regulations seem to have missed out on this problem.
- 27 Feb, 2014
- 0 likes
Previous post: Members who are disabled
Next post: The Forestry Commission
Recent posts by dianebulley
- Someone once said
21 Oct, 2016
- If you are keen to have a better understanding of your garden soil
14 Oct, 2016
- If you are over 75, have had pets all your life,
8 Oct, 2016
- Wandering round the Alpine displays
4 Oct, 2016
- I am happy again today, I want you all to know .........
20 Sep, 2016
- New idea ! Winter approaches.
16 Sep, 2016