Has any Goyer ever made a Wattle & Daub hut in the garden?
I was looking at the various ways on IT.
Lots of enthusiasts enjoying building them, as our
ancestors did, in various ways.
Its a cheap way of making a summerhouse !
I tried to make some ‘wattle’ once with Hazel twigs but
found it very stiff and springy even when soaked.
Maybe they used a different wood.
They certainly made themselves good shelters for the
winter months in the villages 1086 and onwards.
It was a hard life they had, with very cold winters.
- 23 Jan, 2014
- 1 like
Previous post: The wide range of seed potatoes
Next post: Members who are disabled
Recent posts by dianebulley
- Someone once said
21 Oct, 2016
- If you are keen to have a better understanding of your garden soil
14 Oct, 2016
- If you are over 75, have had pets all your life,
8 Oct, 2016
- Wandering round the Alpine displays
4 Oct, 2016
- I am happy again today, I want you all to know .........
20 Sep, 2016
- New idea ! Winter approaches.
16 Sep, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
23 Feb, 2011