Has any Goyer ever made a Wattle & Daub hut in the garden?
I was looking at the various ways on IT.
Lots of enthusiasts enjoying building them, as our
ancestors did, in various ways.
Its a cheap way of making a summerhouse !
I tried to make some ‘wattle’ once with Hazel twigs but
found it very stiff and springy even when soaked.
Maybe they used a different wood.
They certainly made themselves good shelters for the
winter months in the villages 1086 and onwards.
It was a hard life they had, with very cold winters.
- 23 Jan, 2014
- 1 like
Previous post: The wide range of seed potatoes
Next post: Members who are disabled
Recent posts by dianebulley
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
- A useful exercise to think about over the holidays..........
21 Dec, 2016
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
- New game. Growing worms for a fisherman.
3 Dec, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
23 Feb, 2011