Has any Goyer ever made a Wattle & Daub hut in the garden?
I was looking at the various ways on IT.
Lots of enthusiasts enjoying building them, as our
ancestors did, in various ways.
Its a cheap way of making a summerhouse !
I tried to make some ‘wattle’ once with Hazel twigs but
found it very stiff and springy even when soaked.
Maybe they used a different wood.
They certainly made themselves good shelters for the
winter months in the villages 1086 and onwards.
It was a hard life they had, with very cold winters.
- 23 Jan, 2014
- 1 like
Previous post: The wide range of seed potatoes
Next post: Members who are disabled
Recent posts by dianebulley
- I have decided to be more systematic with plant feeding
20 Apr, 2017
- Thousands of people are suffering from Scalp Fungus.
31 Mar, 2017
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
23 Feb, 2011