New gardeners beware of buying
young Brassica plants in Garden Centres that have been grown in polytunnels and not hardened off.
They are too weak to plant out in this cold weather.
When they are ready for the great outdoors the stems
are grey, and the plants are strong.
Apart from being very expensive !
You may do better by searching for amateur plant sales
in your area.
- 26 May, 2013
- 0 likes
Previous post: Tomorrow - Sunday- 8 a.m. BBC 2
Next post: I just took the metal 'Heron' back
Recent posts by dianebulley
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017