New gardeners beware of buying
young Brassica plants in Garden Centres that have been grown in polytunnels and not hardened off.
They are too weak to plant out in this cold weather.
When they are ready for the great outdoors the stems
are grey, and the plants are strong.
Apart from being very expensive !
You may do better by searching for amateur plant sales
in your area.
- 26 May, 2013
- 0 likes
Previous post: Tomorrow - Sunday- 8 a.m. BBC 2
Next post: I just took the metal 'Heron' back
Recent posts by dianebulley
- Someone once said
21 Oct, 2016
- If you are keen to have a better understanding of your garden soil
14 Oct, 2016
- If you are over 75, have had pets all your life,
8 Oct, 2016
- Wandering round the Alpine displays
4 Oct, 2016
- I am happy again today, I want you all to know .........
20 Sep, 2016
- New idea ! Winter approaches.
16 Sep, 2016