New gardeners beware of buying
young Brassica plants in Garden Centres that have been grown in polytunnels and not hardened off.
They are too weak to plant out in this cold weather.
When they are ready for the great outdoors the stems
are grey, and the plants are strong.
Apart from being very expensive !
You may do better by searching for amateur plant sales
in your area.
- 26 May, 2013
- 0 likes
Previous post: Tomorrow - Sunday- 8 a.m. BBC 2
Next post: I just took the metal 'Heron' back
Recent posts by dianebulley
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
- New game. Growing worms for a fisherman.
3 Dec, 2016
- (This is not about gardening.) Winter car care.
1 Dec, 2016
- In this dark, cold and dismal time of year...........
25 Nov, 2016
- Dwarf Cyclamens indoors.
21 Nov, 2016