Today's joke. Theres this member jvrt who is a member
of his local Allotment Association. The Secretary’ name is Di.
Seems she sent him an email asking him to put his seed potato order in by this weekend, as there is a shortage.
He got in a muddle somehow with his laptop and other electronics, and sent his potato order to me calling me Di.
I couldnt fathom it out. Didnt know these addresses.
Then a second email arrived, explaining the confusion.
I didnt know there is a shortage of seed potatoes.
De-frosted my car windows and went over to my supplier this morning. Yes, they confirmed its true.
They have plenty at the moment, but when they are gone it will be very difficult to get anymore.
Bought 4 kilos.
Came home and contacted everyone on my ‘The Allotmenteer’ database to tell them.
So jvrt did us all a good turn, as I wouldnt have braved the cold to go over there until the end of February !
- 13 Jan, 2013
- 1 like
Previous post: The antics of Tiny Twinkle Toes
Next post: Summer Border by Dotty Daisy
Recent posts by dianebulley
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
23 Feb, 2011