I am trying to make some Fat Balls
more cheaply, as the purchased ones are soon eaten.
4 ozs porridge oats
4 ozs crumbled stale bread.
8 ozs plain flour.
4 ozs warmed lard.
One cup approximately, cold water. All mixed in a bowl and formed into balls to fit the Fat Ball Feeder.
Have put them on a tray to dry out.
Can anyone improve on this recipe ?
Would it be better to use wallpaper paste instead of water, make them harder ?
- 30 Sep, 2012
- 1 like
Previous post: Zoning moaning -
Next post: My Michaelmas Daisies are 5 feet tall
Recent posts by dianebulley
- If you are keen to have a better understanding of your garden soil
14 Oct, 2016
- If you are over 75, have had pets all your life,
8 Oct, 2016
- Wandering round the Alpine displays
4 Oct, 2016
- I am happy again today, I want you all to know .........
20 Sep, 2016
- New idea ! Winter approaches.
16 Sep, 2016
- Cuprinole Ducks Back is very good to use
3 Sep, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008