I am trying to make some Fat Balls
more cheaply, as the purchased ones are soon eaten.
4 ozs porridge oats
4 ozs crumbled stale bread.
8 ozs plain flour.
4 ozs warmed lard.
One cup approximately, cold water. All mixed in a bowl and formed into balls to fit the Fat Ball Feeder.
Have put them on a tray to dry out.
Can anyone improve on this recipe ?
Would it be better to use wallpaper paste instead of water, make them harder ?
- 30 Sep, 2012
- 1 like
Previous post: Zoning moaning -
Next post: My Michaelmas Daisies are 5 feet tall
Recent posts by dianebulley
- These words could apply to all our gardens.............
24 Jan, 2017
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
- A useful exercise to think about over the holidays..........
21 Dec, 2016
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008