I am trying to make some Fat Balls
more cheaply, as the purchased ones are soon eaten.
4 ozs porridge oats
4 ozs crumbled stale bread.
8 ozs plain flour.
4 ozs warmed lard.
One cup approximately, cold water. All mixed in a bowl and formed into balls to fit the Fat Ball Feeder.
Have put them on a tray to dry out.
Can anyone improve on this recipe ?
Would it be better to use wallpaper paste instead of water, make them harder ?
- 30 Sep, 2012
- 1 like
Previous post: Zoning moaning -
Next post: My Michaelmas Daisies are 5 feet tall
Recent posts by dianebulley
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
- If you gave up on music as a child...............
11 Feb, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008