can give much pleasure. I have had my 30 litre Fish Tank for 6 years. Am still learning.
I made the mistake of buying a larger drum of Tropical Fish Food last year because it was cheaper, then forgot the date. Couldnt understand why I got Water Snails this year, increased Algae build-up, and the residue of food in the gravel.
Had to do a half water change every week, and clean the glass inside. There is no treatment now for Water Snails.
Have now found Interpet Green Away £4.49. Threw out the large drum of food as it was over 6 months old, and bought a small size. This is the right amount for 3 small Platys.
Gave the tank a complete Spring Clean. There were still bits in it even after that.
The Green Away has cleared them into the Water Filter.
I change the sponge in this every day and wash it thoroughly. Have only had one Water Snail since.
My fish are much happier. And so am I.
- 4 Jul, 2012
- 1 like
Previous post: Wind Farms
Next post: Wet day job.
Recent posts by dianebulley
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
- I have to replant all my Alpine plants and do it properly this time !
21 Feb, 2017
- I am interested in compiling a list of plant based remedies
19 Feb, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008