Woops, Sorry !
I should have written I am digging in the horse manure
with soot, now, on the area where my Mustard Green Manure seed is about 6" high. Then I will apply Lime to the same area next Spring using my 3 pronged Cultivator.
Manure and Lime should not be applied together, there is a chemical reaction.
Incidentally, Green Manure seed is expensive, but can be found at some garden centres where they buy in bulk and fill the polythene bags themselves. It doesnt germinate too well, after mid-September. Best sown in August.
- 6 Sep, 2011
- 1 like
Previous post: Growing Cauliflowers successfully.
Next post: How to avoid Lumbago !
Recent posts by dianebulley
- A useful job for a winter afternoon.
11 Jan, 2017
- The top leaves on my Poinsettia are finally
5 Jan, 2017
- A useful exercise to think about over the holidays..........
21 Dec, 2016
- Still harping on about plant positions indoors
9 Dec, 2016
- Anyone getting a new water butt for Christmas.........
5 Dec, 2016
- New game. Growing worms for a fisherman.
3 Dec, 2016
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008