Woops, Sorry !
I should have written I am digging in the horse manure
with soot, now, on the area where my Mustard Green Manure seed is about 6" high. Then I will apply Lime to the same area next Spring using my 3 pronged Cultivator.
Manure and Lime should not be applied together, there is a chemical reaction.
Incidentally, Green Manure seed is expensive, but can be found at some garden centres where they buy in bulk and fill the polythene bags themselves. It doesnt germinate too well, after mid-September. Best sown in August.
- 6 Sep, 2011
- 1 like
Previous post: Growing Cauliflowers successfully.
Next post: How to avoid Lumbago !
Recent posts by dianebulley
- I turned the sound down on the Gushy and Co.
20 May, 2013
- I carefully memorised this plant name
19 May, 2013
- Memorising the Latin names of plants
18 May, 2013
- Members may remember that old deep vitreous
8 May, 2013
- Extracted from 'Snowball Oranges' by Peter Kerr
30 Apr, 2013
- Laughing at Monty last night
20 Apr, 2013
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008