Woops, Sorry !
I should have written I am digging in the horse manure
with soot, now, on the area where my Mustard Green Manure seed is about 6" high. Then I will apply Lime to the same area next Spring using my 3 pronged Cultivator.
Manure and Lime should not be applied together, there is a chemical reaction.
Incidentally, Green Manure seed is expensive, but can be found at some garden centres where they buy in bulk and fill the polythene bags themselves. It doesnt germinate too well, after mid-September. Best sown in August.
- 6 Sep, 2011
- 1 like
Previous post: Growing Cauliflowers successfully.
Next post: How to avoid Lumbago !
Recent posts by dianebulley
- I have decided to be more systematic with plant feeding
20 Apr, 2017
- Thousands of people are suffering from Scalp Fungus.
31 Mar, 2017
- As we gently pot up tiny plants from the garden centre
26 Mar, 2017
- To use hoarded garden materials needs a plan.
14 Mar, 2017
- Good to have dry weather and the sun shining
7 Mar, 2017
- A car is connected to gardening, so here goes.
3 Mar, 2017
Members who like this blog
Gardening with friends since
22 Oct, 2008