Tomatoes - flowering!!!
How chuffed am I, from seed to flower and still going strong.
My Tumbling Tom Vine Tomatoes are in flower and the buds on the other plants are prolific. They are still in the shed on a heated sand tray along with 3 courgettes.
I was a bit concerned about how they would be pollinated, but I have made a pom-pom and tied it to a garden cane and I tickle the flowers to transfer the pollen and hopefully it will work as well as the bees when I finally get them outside.
I always remember as a little girl going into my Mum’s greenhouse with my pom-pom on a stick and doing the exact same thing to her crop. A feather can also be used.
I can’t wait for it to warm up and get them outside in the terracotta pots next to my hammock – yum!
- 25 Apr, 2008
- 0 likes
Previous post: Gunnera Manicata
Next post: Happy with my (p) lot
Recent posts by AndreaRichter
- Alpine garden
27 Sep, 2011
- New Business - Life time Interest is now my work
5 Jul, 2011
- VENTNOR BOTANICAL GARDENS - CRY FOR HELP!!!
8 Nov, 2010
- New border on the other side.............................
14 Nov, 2009
- It's been a while - new border in back garden
30 Sep, 2009
- Back Garden, a digger and Swiss Tony....................................
22 Apr, 2009